Wednesday, April 5, 2017

April Storm

Born 95 years ago today, Josephine Owaissa Cottle, better-known to fans as Gale Storm, parlayed her considerable talent and charm, along with a lucky break on a radio talent contest, into a career as an actress and singer that lasted nearly 50 years.

For more than a year, I've been working on a book about Gale's life and career, which will be published by McFarland and Company in early 2018. Along the way, I've had the opportunity to interview colleagues and family members who contributed greatly to my understanding of a woman who captivated movie and TV audiences. I look forward to sharing the results with readers.

Although Gale passed away in 2009, I hope the book may encourage readers to seek out her performances, and enjoy what they see as much as I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment