Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Author Emerges in Public

I'm back! I had a great time visiting Reno, Nevada to speak at the annual History Symposium of the National Automobile Museum this past weekend.

The symposium covered the decade of the 1950s from an array of fascinating angles. I learned a little something about the Hungarian Revolution of 1956, restoring classic cars of the period, and more. For my part, I talked about those Women Who Made Television Funny, and the dramatic growth and development that took place in the television industry between 1950 and 1959.

Afterwards, at the book signing, I met some very nice people, including museum volunteer Lynne (pictured). I signed some books that are apparently destined to become birthday gifts in the not-too-distant future, so I hope you like them, Joe, Linda, etc. Jackie Frady and Barbara Clark were gracious hosts for all their symposium guests, and I was able to see a little bit of Reno in my time off. Now I guess it's time to get back to work -- another book due in a few months. Thanks, Reno!

No comments:

Post a Comment